Saturday, February 13, 2010


This is for Recipe Card Challenge: Dinner for two
Color Throwdown: Blush blossoom, sage shadow and red riding hood. My card is a little odd shaped but as I make one for each challenge I have decided to put them in a paper bag album. As I fill them I will give one to each of my daughters.
My honey loves my chicken divan soooo I decided to use that recipe. I used sage as my base and stamped it with a little flower similare to the dp. I then used a MS scallop punch on the chicken wire I stamped on white and dabbed with the blush color. I mounted the recipe on the blush and red which I ruffed up the edges and grunged it all up. The recipes that are my special ones are long aged and grunged with spilt stuff on them and I wanted this one to look well used. I had a small piece of the dp which I tore the edge and cut out the remaining flower and mounted on foam. My rooster is from Stampin Up set called provencol . I stamped and watercolored and then added a little lumines as roosters always have that beautiful shine in their tail feathers. I cut it and the red with the label 2 nestie. I tied it onto the card with the raffia and then put a foam mount under to keep it lifted up.

5 comments:

  1. Yum.... I will give this a try...so glad you found the challenge! Looks beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Yummy! thanks for joining us at RCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a beautiful recipe card, Davi! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! (Hint: you need to link to the Throwdown ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant recipe card... very creative and sounds mmm yummy
    Thanks for joining in with the recipe card challenge
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab recipe card Davi! Your choice of dp and embellishments is just beautiful. Thanks for playing in the Recipe card challenge :)

    ReplyDelete