Saturday, February 20, 2010



My card is for the Recipe Card Challenge: Hot and Spicy
No Time to Stamp Challenge: Card with a tabbed element
Lily of the Valley Challenge: A sketch
Just notice that the ribbon loops are askew. I took the pic outside and the wind blew that card over must have messed up the loops and I was so busy taking the pic missed that. I printed my recipe cut out with decorative scissors and mounted onto a rusty cardstock. Since the challenge was hot a spicy I used one of my chili enchilada recipes and that led to a dp that was fitting. The paper with the colored stripes reminds me of a serape. The cut two green strips which I embossed with a cuttlebug folder then sanded the texture to make it show a little better. I made a tab from a stamped text and then mounted on the rust and attached with brads. Next I used a webbed jut ribbon and make two loops that I sewed on with some raffia and a matching button. I didnt have any buttons or anything chile so I drew and watercolored 4 of them and attached onto the recipe with foam dots. Another fun page for the album.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Davi, your card is just fantastic! I love the tab and the cute chili's and the textures and colours are beautiful! Thanks for joining us again this week on the Recipe card challenge blog, can't wait to see what you create next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you used, and it's a great take on our sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at LOTV this week. Big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Davi, your cards are beatuiful. Love the distress effect!
    Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum-o, your recipe sounds delish, and your color scheme is perfect for chile and cheese enchiladas. From the distressing, it looks like this is a family favorite at your house--and a soon-to-be one at the lucky card recipient's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card.I love your image and choice of colours. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
    -x-

    ReplyDelete